Have you just shifted to your new home? Are you trying to get a new TNEB connection? Don’t stress. Getting a new TNEB connection has become easier now. If you are yet to apply or have already applied for a new electricity connection here’s the procedure you need to follow. You can either apply for a residential or a temporary domestic construction connection by following the below steps.
- Fill out the application form that you will get free of cost at your Section Office.
- Enter all the required details in the application form.
- Next, check if you have all the required documents to prove the legal ownership of your residential or commercial property. You can know about the list of documents at the Section Office or on the TNEB official website.
- If you are a tenant, you can provide documents that state your lawful occupation of the premises.
- Once your application is approved get the wiring done for your new electric connection. Make sure you get this done by a licensed electrical contractor.
That’s all; you have done your work. Now let the electricity department do the rest. Once your electric supply is started the next question is how would you pay your electricity bill?
How to pay the TNEB electricity bill?
Now you have finally got your TNEB electricity connection. But have you thought about how are you going to pay your monthly electricity bill? Of course, visiting the Section Office to pay bills is one option. But what if you could find an easier option to pay your bill?
Here’s how to pay your monthly bill of TNEB:
- TNEB official website
You can make TNEB online bill payment through the electricity board’s official website. All you have to do is visit the TNEB website and find the bill payment section. Enter your details and bill amount and pay via your credit/ debit card or net banking.
- Third-party bill payment apps
Another easier way to pay your monthly bill is by using bill payment apps and websites such as Paytm, PhonePe, Airtel Payments Bank, and Mobikwik. These platforms have an electricity bill payment option on their home screens. All you have to do is enter your customer id, state, electricity board, and bill amount. Next, proceed to pay and make payment through your credit/ debit card or e-wallets. These websites and apps often give out cashback and discount coupons to their users. So, you may get a chance to win a decent cashback on your electricity bill payment through these apps.
Or Also, Read – How to pay Tata power bill online
Apply for a new connection and do the required procedure for connection, it has become easier to get a new TNEB electricity connection now.